Guidelines for Participating in Context Education Network (v.1.0)
We’ll keep it simple and clear. There are a few guidelines for participating and providing content to the Context Education Network and all its sub networks:
First and foremost: Be courteous!
This is a community network and as with any community everyone needs to feel safe and validated. It is OK to disagree but it is not acceptable to use disparaging language or making demeaning remarks. This is our prime policy and failure to adhere may result in temporary suspension of your account with a warning, or total ban, depending on the severity of the case.
You are responsible for the content you provide
We give you full access to provide any content you deem appropriate based on a trust relationship. Please make sure that this trust is not violated by making sure that the content you provide:
- complies with all local, national and international laws
- does not violate or breach any copyright of any kind
- is not commercially motivated
Keep your login details and password private
You are responsible for keeping your login and password details secure. Do not allow anyone else to have access to your account, i.e. post on your behalf.
Keep your invitation code private
To prevent unauthorized access to our system do not post your invitation code publicly on social media. You may share your invitation code by private email only to those you know.
Report inappropriate content or copyright violations
Please be a good citizen and report to us any suspicious post, inappropriate content or copyright violations which may have escaped our attention by using the built-in flagging system or use the contact form.
Terms of Service
- Membership in all Context Education networks is free of charge.
- Your membership, depending on the invitation code, provides you with a certain access level and privileges to participate in any of the networks and to contribute with your own content.
- You must use a valid email address to be able to complete the registration process.
- You must be of legal age as specified in the country of your residence to become a member of the Context Education and its sub networks.
- You may use an alias and a non-identifying login name instead of your real name when registering if you choose to protect your identity.
- Your may change all your profile details at any time except your original login name.
- You may cancel your membership at any time using the main contact form.
- When you invite others to join the network using our built-in invitation sub-system you provide them with the same invitation code you have used to join.
- We may introduce new access levels, restrict or allow further access to existing levels as may become necessary from time to time.
- Unless otherwise noted all user contributions are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
- Copyright of external content, embedded content, RSS feeds or any content that is shared and you do not own remains with the original author or provider.
- You may choose to withhold your identity (name, login and profile) to the public and to others on the network when contributing with any content.
- We do not use any technology to track your online footprint.
- We never disclose your email address to a third party nor to any member on the network.
- Private messaging on the network between members does not involve your email address.
- We never send you any unsolicited email. You may receive newsletters, digests or forum updates only if have specifically opted in.
- We may need to contact you by email in cases when there is a security breach or to provide update on the status of a system upgrade or similar occasions when timing is of essence.
- You always can unsubscribe from any mailing list you have subscribed to.
- The password you set initially (or reset later) will be stored in secure, encrypted format. Note that your encrypted password cannot be retrieved, only be reset.
- During the pilot phase options and some content may be changed, added or removed.